The Fundamental Principle of Fashion
Hello my dearest readers, Halloween is a fabulous time of the year, its all about being weird and wacky and generally being as wild as you can! I currently own three young apple trees and two are doing fine however, on the last tree, a blight was caught and the apples are inedible!! luckily, I love halloween DIYs and the one I am about to attempt is perfect for my diseased little apples! One of my favourite things about halloween is the decorations and so, today, I will be documenting my attempt at creating shrunken apple heads! Lets slay this!
Here is the tutorial that inspired me: http://www.ehow.com/how_4558713_make-dried-apple-shrunken-heads.html?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_content=inline
- Sharp Knive
- Preheat oven to lowest temperature possible!!!
- Peel the apples
- Carve out faces into the apple
- Dab lemon wedges in the salt and up and squeeze the wedge all over the apples -to prevent browning!
- Lay the apples standing up on a baking tray on baking parchment
- Place in oven and slowly dry them for about 4 hours or until they look completely shrivelled
- One shrivelled you can begin to give them character, I sowed my apple’s mouths shut with darning wool and a thick needle.
- For the hair, I threaded a loop of darning wool through a long needle, tied a lot of ratty brown wool to the loop and dragged it through.
- I tied a huge know [the beard] at the bottom of the wool so that it stopped going through the wool and would thus hang
I was really happy with my overall result and the cooking apple smell was an added bonus!!